Deadline to enter is April 8th, 5pm.
Enter in the 2019 Picture Your World Youth Photography Contest today for your chance to win cash prizes! Professional photographers/artists will judge entries in two age groups: students ages 8-12, and students ages 13 - 18 at the time of entry. There will be 3 winners and 12 honorable mentions from each group.
First Place receives $300 cash, Second Place $200, and Third Place $100.
Examples of subjects are wildlife (birds, mammals, insects, spiders, reptiles, and amphibians), landscapes (rock formations, plant life, and backyard habitat), people enjoying nature, environmental hotspots, art in nature (patterns, textures and close-ups), and diversity in nature.
All contestants will be invited to a reception at The Witte Museum on May 9th, 2019 from 6:30pm to 8:30pm, where 30 winners will be announced and receive prizes. The winning photos will be printed and exhibited at REI San Antonio.
Contest Entry Rules
1. Entries must be received by 5:00 pm CST, April 8, 2019 as jpegs or tiffs. Submissions should be sized approximately 10'' x 13'' at 300 dpi, or a minimum of 6 megapixels set on the camera's highest resolution. No digitally composited images will be accepted. Images may be slightly cropped with minor adjustments to color, contrast, and brightness.
2. Contestants may submit a flash drive or CD with 3 original images or e-mail images to: firstname.lastname@example.org. A picture of the entrant must be included with the submission.
3. There is a $20 entry fee for up to 3 images. Institutional rates are available upon request. Please contact Carra Garza for more information.
4. Pictures may be of any aspect of nature in Bexar or surrounding counties. Respect for animal habitat must be observed. No photos of domestic, restrained, or caged animals will be accepted.
5. Images will be judged on originality of subject, use of light, exposure, and composition.
NOTICE: The registration process will take you to the secure PayPal website. There you will be able to pay via PayPal or with a credit card. If you need assistance with registration, please call (210)222-8430 ext. 304.